Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Little God Story

I am now working at the Yorba Linda Vineyard as the Community Outreach Pastor which is just a blessing in itself. I am having so much fun with this new community and am just seeing God move right here, in what I think is one of the hardest places I have ever ministered in. We have several outreaches and one includes taking food supplies along with water to a boys classroom in a school in the community. Most of these kids come to school having no breakfast or lunch and struggle everyday to fight hunger. Here is some fantastic feedback from this particular outreach...


"I spoke with Mr. K today about how the food supply was going, and asked for any kind of feedback.  It turns out that the food is feeding 20+ students in his class, along with another class.  I asked him if they needed more than what I bring, and he said yes, because kids from other classes will come into his room and ask for a snack because they have not had any food all day due to poverty, and troubled families.

I told him I will make an effort to bring in more food... apparently what I bring in now is gone within a few days along with the water.

Mr. K told me about a student who is currently living in a Motor-home, and in great need.  I told him I would ask you if I could bring a bag full of staple food for this family once a week.  I will give this family the church info on the food bank as well.  I know they're really struggling with gas and finding a place to park the motor-home so getting to the church might be hard for them, so I thought I could bring it to them with your okay.

 Mr. K looked up the website, and saw his name on the web page and was very impressed.  He even shared it with his students, and they could not believe that his class was on  church webpage.  I told him that there is a special shelf with his name on it in the food warehouse and they were all so impressed.  I told him I would take a picture of it on my cell and forward it to him. I know that would really touch his heart and the kids in the class can see this special place set aside for them called "Mr. K's Class".  Mr. K also told me that several of the kids can't believe that a church would do this....

So in all this, God is touching many kids and families in need."
-A Leader from YLV

Isnt that just Amazing???

No comments:

Post a Comment