Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lazy Saturday

I am trying to adjust to life here in Northern Ireland. My body has decided these last couple of nights that it wants to start the day at 3:30am. I refuse to get up that early though so I have been journaling and reading and then going back to bed until a rather decent hour arrives. I couldn't take lying in bed any longer this morning so I finally got up at 6:30. I went down stairs and put on some tea and started to make some breakfast. I grabbed the oats and measuring cup and then realized that they don't use the same metric system we do in the US. So I tried to figure it out and finally gave up. I went with my culinary instincts and just poured a little milk and little bit of oats and voila!!! They actually came out perfect! I also discovered a water heater switch today in the kitchen...so I flipped it on and waited an hour or so and checked the hot water and lo and behold...it worked! So I had a hot bath after breakfast. I had a wonderful time of devotions this morning in which God gave me a few revelations on certain situations in my life. And I started a new book and have been cuddled up in a blanket on the couch all day. It rained for the first time this afternoon since i arrived. It was not pouring rain but it was still so beautiful. What a glorious Saturday of doing absolutely nothing. It's exactly what I needed to regain my strength! I am still fighting this cold, but I do have to say that the congestion has come down considerably. It is still a little hard to breathe...my lungs are a bit agitated...and I have a dry cough that is more annoying than anything. But other than that I'm just grand. Carrie & Coleen, some local girls, will be picking me up tomorrow for church and Ben and Katja will be home later tomorrow night. It will be nice to have some company in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment