Friday, October 24, 2008

Blow Hole


One afternoon Mark took Katja and I to this amazing harbour in Portstewart. It was a gorgeous day out; the sun was shinning and there was no rain. We walked through some grassy patches to a lookout spot where the ground just dropped off. All of the sudden I realized that I was standing on a cliff. I looked over the edge and saw the most beautiful view of the rough, choppy sea. The water was a deep, deep blue (nothing like I have seen in the states) and each peak of the wave was a fuzzy prestine white. The way the waves crashed up against the rocks and the cliffs was an incredible sight to see. The wind blew in my face and I could see the sun setting in the distance. We walked over to this gigantic boulder where it stuck out from the cliffs and it beckoned me to come closer. This was Gunn Rock. Apparantly people jump off this boulder into the crashing waves below just for kicks. Unfortunatley some have even lost their lives in search for a thrill. I had no intentions of jumping off this life-claiming rock, but I could not just leave with out stepping foot onto it. So, up I went. I climbed up the boulder, mind you I was wearing my high heel boots, and I planted my feet firmly on the rock and just stared in awe of God's creation in front of me. It was so exhilirating to have just the wind around me and the sense of nothing under me. I looked over the cove and spotted what it was we were here to see in the first place. A huge wave came up through the cove and splashed violently into the rocks and then it happened...Water sprayed up through the rocks and into the air! It was a blow hole! An absolutely magnificant sight. I stayed there as long as I could and then climbed back down to explore some other rocks to the side. I perched myself on some cliffs that overlooked the blow hole and Gunn rock and got some amazing pictures...ones of which you are looking at now. What a glorious day, definently one of my favorites thus far.

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing there..so pretty. I'm glad that you were there on such a beautiful day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Lynn's watch into Jeweler's Touch today and guess who was there??? Kat! It was fun to see her. It looks beautiful there and it seems you are enjoying your time. I just have one question- is that a graveyard in your backyard???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sydney
    its kimmir robins from jewlers touch you helped my mom with her rings...i hope you remember me:)theese pictures are amazing. i really want to go to ireland now.its soooo pretty there. i hope you are doing well and i cant believe you have a graveyard in you backyard thats soooooo creepy!!I will be praying for you everyday that God will continue to work in you life!!!please keep me posted

    love ya
    Kimmie robins

    ReplyDelete