Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Bday Janet!


It was Janet's birthday last month, so naturally I asked if I could make her a birthday cake. She accepted my offer of course and so I started to plan. Janet doesn't like chocolate cake so I had to think of something else to satisfy a woman's tastebuds. So I made a good ole fashion american white cake (victorian sponge cake to the irish) with alternating layers of raspberry and lemon curd filling. I frosted it with a delightful buttercream and added handmade white chocolate roses and fresh, red raspberries. Tori, my neighbor, drove us to Coast which was the restaurant we were having dinner at. Transporting the cake was so nerve racking, but i managed to get it there all in one piece. We got to Coast and sat at the table and poeple where staring at us and coming over to look at the cake...one guy even took a photo of it. You would think that poeple had never seen a cake before! But Janet came in and was awestruck with the monstrosity of a cake and we all had a fabulous dinner. Coast is an incredible place with yummy, yummy food. After dinner and dessert we went back to Janet's where we sat by the fire and drank wine and watched Mama Mia and had a totally relaxing girls night. It was so much fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. You did awesome on the cake, way to go! Looks like you're having a great time out there and making good friends. I'm so happy for you but I miss you tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete