Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Life of Risk

Today Ben and I were working in the church office when I looked out my window and saw this elderly lady walking down the street. She had a cane and was hunched almost at a 90 degree angle. My heart went out to her immediatly. And then God spoke to me and said if I wanted to live a life of extreme risk for Him, that I needed to get up out of my seat and go out to the streets and pray for her. I looked over to the other side of the room and Ben was watching her too. I asked Ben if he wanted to pray for her and he said yes. So I got up and got my coat and threw Ben his coat...Ben looked at me and said "NOW??" I gave him "the look" and we both ran down the stairs out to the streets and caught up with the lady. Her name was Ellen and she had some disked replaced in her back and had a bad hip. I explained to her that we were part of a local church and would like to pray for her to be healed. She said yes and then started walking away. We clarified that we would like to pray for her right there on the street right next to the wee shop. So, we did just that. She seemed like she was in a hurry to get somewhere so we couldn't really press into prayer...But she was thankful and even though we did not see immediate healing take place, we know that God was stirring something up in her heart. You tell God to use you and when He speaks and tells you what he would like to do, you have a choice to either listen and obey or turn a deaf ear. It's time to start listening...It's time to start obeying...you can never really see God moving until you get up and actually experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment